Thursday, June 02, 2005

Jandeef ... The "Pro" Writer

I received this e-mail from someone, which I thought was an interesting one. I thought I'd share it with you all, and I hope the sender excuses me for that.
--------------------------------------------------

Hi

im sorry 4 intruding

u dont know me but i stumbled upon ur homepage 2day the BD greeting u wrote is amazing & heart breaking sara7aaaa inshala u get back 2gether soon im into writing and reading but never tried publishing online :(

any way i have a few qs 4 u if u dont mind :D

1 at what age u started writing?
2 how old are u now?
3 where do u see your self in 5 yrs from now? writing wise
4 did u consider taking it professionally? like writing 4 a magazine or a news paper perhaps \

u said ask on ur homepage ana maly she`3el :D

sorry 4 bothering u again
babye
---------------------------------------------------

First of all, thank you for stumbling here and taking the time to read. I'm flattered. Now to answer your questions:

1. I think it's fair to say I started writing when I first learned the alphabet :P

2. Almost 23.

3. On the field with my engineer's hat on during the day; In the office writing a technical report in the evening.

4. I already did to some extent, but I wouldn't get too excited about it if I were you. Key word here is "professionally." C'mon... You left all these talented, creative bloggers on my favorites list and resorted to me?! Wow! Now I really am flattered :D. If you rank me with them in terms of creative writing, I bet I'd take number 1. From the bottom of course.


My writing is boring as hell, assuming hell is actually boring. When I started this blog I hoped it would help me develop writing skills. I don't see myself there yet. The birthday post was not "creative writing" as much as it was me fulfilling a promise and giving my visitors a chance to help a fellow blogger get some load off his chest.

Into reading and writing? Let's see your stuff. One final note though: try not to use periods and comas as much as you did in your e-mail. It'll improve your writing :P .. Just teasing ya ;)

Finally, is this just out of curiosity? or am I being used as a lab rat? 'cause it sure looks to me like a focus group study, which I don't mind. I'm just curious :P

11 comments:

مبتدئ said...

Gazra







:p

SheWrites said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SheWrites said...

Okay, I'm jealous again.

How cool is it that someone would take the time out to email you that lovely sentiment? People can be so.. adorable(?).. sometimes. :)

Keep writing, 'deef. We're reading.

N.

nanonano said...

أنا أعتقد أن الجميع عنده مواهب و قدرات مدفونه و عالم المدونات ساعد على أبراز هالقدرات

Celebrity said...

Yep, I've stumbled by chance too, if I recall correclty... I google you guys. =)

Jandeef said...

Mobi,
Agzar minnik mafeeesh.

SheWrites,
Prouds to make you jealous again =) Yea I loved the e-mail. That's why I wanted to share it with everybody. I was flattered by her comments.

I'll keep writing, thanks for reading =)

Nano,
Fi3lan Fi3lan Fi3lan. What helps even more is the freedom and anonymouty (sort of).

Celebrity,
Yea google helps. Whenever I research something, especially politically, I get Sa7at Alsafat most of the times. Ask Mobi about that :P

Q said...

Jandeef, uve been googled! hahahaha, tara if u think about how it sounds, its just too funny, uve been googled! lol!

Jandeef said...

Q,
Int min raddait min Turkey o ana 7as mant 6abee3i :P Kel ma shift lik comment algak ettikarkar min galb :P

Jelly Belly said...

Bel Baraka Pro ;)

SheWrites said...

Gilna inna you're a good writer... so you stop writing?

Wainik, 'deef? Haven't heard a peep from you in a while.

N.

Jandeef said...

JB,
Ebarik feech yuba =)

SheWrites,
- Finished finals yesterday.
- Working on a research paper due tomorrow.
- Family arriving tomorrow; therefore,
- Cleaning the apartment today, and
- Buying stuff for them to sleep on.
- Packing my stuff to move to a new apartment early next week.

Hehe feel free to help :P

I'll write inshalla as soon as I'm done with this paper.