Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Jandeef's Shorelines II

The saga of weird animal dreams continues. My uncle and I were on a camping trip, and we had a couple of zebras in a small room. My uncle pulled a little one out by his tail, I held it to the ground, and my uncle slit the lil' one's throat!

I didn't see any blood. So, what on earth does that mean?
---------

As SheWrites said, this summer in Kuwait went by so fast. I didn't get a chance to do many things I planned to do nor did I meet many people I planned to meet.
---------

Speaking of vacation in Kuwait, I should probably mention that my first Sushi experience didn't go very well =(. Maybe next time Q ethabbi6ni.
---------

A huge wave of Saudi students has come to the US this year. I'm hearing the government handed out about 10,000 scholarships. In our state alone, the number of new Saudi students is at least a 3-digit number. I'm surprised by how this many of them got visas!
---------

Speaking of new students, I'm starting to feel lonely here. Almost all my friends have graduated and I'm trying to develop skills to befriend people with whom I have a relatively large age gap. I met a new guy the other day and he told me he was born in 1987. Cuuuutee =)
---------

I spent some time during the first day of school hanging out in the middle of campus watching elraye7 wel yaay; mostly freshmen looking kind of lost. With that, crush rate remains high.
---------

From now on, I won't have that many classes to take, and I'll have a lot of "free" time on which I can go to school whenever I want and do as much research per day as I want. Unfortunately, I have a tendancy to not get things done without pressure from someone/something else.

Self-discipline is what I need.
---------

I'm changing my advisor today. He taught me 4 classes and I love him as a professor. However, since he became my advisor 6 months ago, I haven't been able to deal with him smoothly. Yesterday, I e-mailed him about a scheduling problem, and he responded by saying "I suggest you talk to your advisor" :/ Who the hell are you then!

4 comments:

Erzulie said...

"To see a zebra in your dream, represents perfect balance, unity, harmony, and the attraction of opposites. Alternatively, it signifies that you are spending too much time in trivial and varying matters You need to establish a mindset and lay your groundwork for some solid stability." Oh well, that'll do for now. I avoid freshmen of all kinds. They irritate me. The Kuwaiti freshmen are nice but sort of clueless, airheaded, and too hyper.

Jelly Belly said...

Again welcome back!
and about people who are born in 1987...hahahahaha I was invited to a birthday last week and she just turned 18! LOL
man I need to graduate SOON!

Oh o 3ala 6aree Saudi students, I was told that next semester they'll be 300+ Saudi students in my school alone!!

way 2 many Arabs in one school! Although we have a big campus bas come on 300+ and they'll be 35 new Kuwaiti students!
I miss the good old days where I knew most of the Kuwaitis here they were no more than 20 students! Al7een I think they reached a 100... akh ya galbi :(

Jandeef said...

SheShe and JB .. What's funny is realizing that back in our days, others said the same about us :P

Erzulie .. Where did you dig that up from? I liked the interpretation. I am indeed in the process of achieving solid stability. I hope :D

Jandeef said...

Shopa

I'm in grad school now =)